Materials ( you will need ) :
- Compost or well-rotted manure.
- Granular fertilizer.
- Mulch or bark chippings.
Steps ( how to do it ) :
Make a circle with a diameter of about 1 meter, mark the center with a wooden. Cut around the perimeter of the circle with a spade. Carefully remove the turf to a depth of 5cm by sliding the blade of the spade under the grass.
2. Remove the soil from the hole to the depth of the tree. Fork over the base of the hole to break up any compacted areas of soil. This will also allow the roots to work their way more easily through the soil to anchor the tree.
3. Return the tree to the hole and place a piece of wood across the centre of the hole. This should meet the base of the trunk where the trunk and compost join to ensure the tree is planted at the right depth.
4. Add a handful of granular fertiliser to the planting hole. Mix some well-rotted manure or compost with the soil previously removed from the hole.
5. After trees were planted, were given water every day, and put in place that gets sunlight for trees to grow and perform photosynthesis.